This is a must read if you’re contemplating a conversion rate optimization for your business.
But here are the key lessons from his post:
1. Gather qualitative and quantitative data before you start testing.
2. Do A/A tests before you do A/B tests.
3. Don’t expect increases on a monthly basis.
4. Multivariate doesn’t always… It didn’t work for him.
5. Don’t optimize for conversions, always shoot for revenue.
6. Focus on the big picture.
7. Drastic changes = drastic results.
8. Don’t forget to optimize your backend for conversions.
9. Consultants aren’t miracle workers, they need direction… more like they need company buy-in.
10. Just because you had huge wins, doesn’t mean you will see large revenue increases.
Have you implemented a conversion rate optimization previously for your company or considering one? Please leave your thoughts in the comment box below.